Quick access to information based on government's structure

Ministry of Health - By BC Physicians, for BC Physicians

Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credits for Physicians

General Practitioners

Members of The College of Family Physicians of Canada may claim Mainpro-M2 credits for this unaccredited educational program.


Specialist physicians can earn continuing professional development credits in Section 4 or Section 6 of the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program for identifying learning related to writing, reviewing or reading clinical practice guidelines.

Section 6, standard setting, is applicable for learning linked to establishing standards for either clinical, educational or administrative standards relevant to the practice of medicine.

Section 4, personal learning projects promotes learning linked to identified questions or statements stimulated by one's professional practice. Learning stimulated by the development of a clinical practice guideline that is applicable to one's clinical practice should be claimed as a personal learning project.

These self-directed learning activities can be reported on The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada's MAINPORT website under Section 4 - Personal Learning Project(s) or Section 6 - Standard Setting. There is no limit on the number of credits you can claim under either section.

Disclaimer The Clinical Practice Guidelines (the "Guidelines") have been developed by the Guidelines and Protocols Advisory Committee on behalf of the Medical Services Commission. The Guidelines are intended to give an understanding of a clinical problem and outline one or more preferred approaches to the investigation and management of the problem. The Guidelines are not intended as a substitute for the advice or professional judgment of a health care professional, nor are they intended to be the only approach to the management of clinical problems.  We cannot respond to patients or patient advocates requesting advice on issues related to medical conditions. If you need medical advice, please contact a health care professional.